Who is Jonny B. Mitchell?

Shawn Harris: The Best Friend

Honestly, Shawn was my favorite character to write. 


He was carefree and did what he wanted to do. He speaks his mind and keeps Kenny in a constant reality check. I based him off of my own best friend (who is a female) and gave him a great secret and position. He graduated from the same militant class as Christian but that is all I will say about that. Shawn lost his parents when he was an adult (I can't wait to reveal to you how that happened - book 2), has zero friends other than Kenny (knowing him since birth), and is an innate ass to everyone as a coping mechanism.

I love that he loved driving fast, and as a little gift, is in charge of machinery and has an unlimited tolerance for alcohol (his reward he chose for graduating). Therefore, he is never drunk but can feel a buzz. He was the original Protector of the Host of Darkness and that was his favorite job. When that Host relinquished his duties, Shawn bought a house, got a job with the FBI and moved to Oakland. He chose to protect Kenny unofficially even before Christian made an appearance. 

For whatever reason, I fell into giving him a love to aquariums and painting. It was very exciting to create and write Shawn. I can see the movie version having cast Brandon Bell for the part.  
Brandon P. Bell as Shawn Harris (as if)

Comments